What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that can be used on websites in order to optimize the user experience.
Why cookies are used
Cookies offer several advantages in the providing services via Internet, among which: i) they facilitate the browsing experience of the user on the website and the access to the offered services; ii) they avoid the need for the user to configure the general characteristics each time the site is accessed; iii) they promote enhancement of the performances and services provided by the website, following the analysis relative to the informations acquired via the installed cookies; iv) they promote custom commercial activities, by the owner or by third parties, based on the choices of the user.
Kinds of cookies
Some cookies perform tasks of strictly technical nature and contribute to the fruition of websites making possible basic functions such as page browsing and access to protected areas. The website may not work properly without cookies. Sometimes cookies also allow a website to remember the information that influences how the website behaves or appears, such as the preferred language or the region of the user or else to understand how the visitors interacts with the website gathering and transmitting information in an aggregated form that does not allow immediate identification of the user (analytics).
These kinds of cookies are also defined as "technical". The law establishes that "technical" cookies can be installed on the device of the user following proper report, which is carried out by this document.
All other kinds of cookies, together with statistical cookies managed by third parties, are considered as "profiling" cookies. Belong to this category in particular cookies used to monitor and analyze the online activity of the user, in order to make improvements and provide services in a more efficient and personalized manner. The aim is to offert to the visitor the visualization of announcements that are of interest for the specific user. The use of these cookies requires previous consent from the visitor: at the first access, it is assumed that the visitor gives consent if s/he continues browsing after the visualization of the cookie notification contained in the specific banner.
Distinctions between cookies
Cookies can be divided in categories based on the following charateristics: owner, duration of storage, purpose.
Distinction by owner
- Directly owned cookies: these cookies are sent to the client computer of the user by a computer or domain run by the manager of the website, and from which the service requested by the user is being provided.
- Third party cookies: these cookies are sent to the client computer of the user by a device or domain that is not run by the manager of the website, but by another subject that is the one that elaborated the data acquired via the cookies.
Cookies installed through this website are both directly owned and owned by third party.
Distinction by duration of storage
- Session cookies: these cookies are designed to gather and store data while the user is on a web page. They can be used to store information only regarding the specific service that is requested by the user at a given time and can be automatically cancelled at the end of the session.
- Persisting cookies: data get stored in these cookies in the user client and can be accessed and used for period of time defined by Proxima S.r.l., which can range from minutes to considerably longer periods.
Distinction by purpose
- Essential cookies: these cookies allow the browsing of the website and the access to all its functionalities. Without these cookies no services could be made available and the browsing of the website would be difficult and not functional.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow to remember the choices of the visitor on the website and/or the services that the user requires, in order to provide more advanced and personalized services, e.g. the customization of a specific page or recalling what was previously offered to the user.
- Analytics cookies: these cookies acquire information regarding the use of the website by the visitor (e.g. more visited pages, verification of recurring patterns of usage of the website, etc) and allow to enhance the performance of the website by helping to understand possible difficulties in the use of the website.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: these cookies allow to publish advertising that is deemed relevant to the user, e.g. limiting the number of times a specific advertising is shown on the website (because the cookie remembers what is seen by user on the website) and allowing to measure the efficacy of advertising campaigns. These information can be shared with other parties such as advertisers. For more information regarding Targeting and Advertising cookies and how these can be disabled in other ways than the practice of consent via the forms in this document, the following websites are suggested for reference: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices e http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
Ways of browser configuration
For what concerns browser configuration, the user can make use of one of the following procedures, according to the kind of browser that is being used:
- Google Chrome (Below Tools Settings)> Show Advanced Settings> Privacy (Content settings ) >Cookie
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (in Tools Menu) Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced
- Safari Preferred> Privacy
- Firefox (in Tools Menu) Options> Privacy> Cookie
- Opera Configuration> Options> Advanced> Cookie
For other browsers, we suggest to check the browser manual of use in order to understand how to configure cookies or to consult the page http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiuto:Cookie.
The following tables describe the kinds of cookies installed via the website and specify owner, purpose and duration of storage as well as the practice of giving or denying consent.
Cookie and duration of visit Characteristics and purposes ASPSESSION* - Session Session technical cookie privacy - 12 months Technical cookie
Cookie and duration of visit Characteristics and purposes _ga - max duration 24 months Third party cookie analytics
Date of last update: 16/05/2017