The GSE issued the results of the Second Auctions and Registry rounds of the RES1 decree
The GSE has issued the results of the second round of competitive auctions, held in compliance with the provisions of the Ministerial Decree of 4 July 2019.
The most relevant auction results are:
- Group A (new wind plants + PV rooftops): unlike the first auction back in December 2019, the CAP has not been reached, by having only awarded 425 MW (out of the 500 MW available).
- The discounts recorded were more contained in comparison with the previous session, ranging from -20% (PV) to -2.29% (wind), such as 56 € / MWh and 68.40 € / MWh respectively.
- The average discount recorded was 8%.
- The bids for PV projects have increased to 4, but the capacity is still low, for a total of 19.4 MW.
- Regarding the cumulative bids for the wind turbines, totaling 406 MW, it has been recorded a range of power from a 6 MW plant in the province of Savona, up to a 52 MW plant in the province of Potenza.
- Most of the plants that have been awarded are located between Puglia, Campania, and Basilicata (I also see in the municipality of Troia).
- For the Group B (biogas + new hydro), it has been awarded a 2.5 MW hydro-flowing project (out of the 5 MW of the quota) in the province of Udine. During the previous round, there had been no bids for this type of project.
- For the Group C (renovations): awarded only 15 MW of the 60 MW available, including one plant coming from the year 1928, almost a century ago.
Given the fact that there is a mechanism for the recovery of unallocated capacity, for the next auctions there will be an available additional power to be awarded for new auctions as per the following quota:
• Group A: 75 MW
• Group B: 7.5 MW
• Group C: 83.8 MW
With regards to the registries, both Group A and Group B were saturated and there were discounts recorded with a maximum of 30% on the base rate.
The next action is set to start on May 31st, with results expected to be issued by the end of September 2020.